Saturday 11 January 2014

Favourite Winter Lip Colours!

 Hey guys! So I thought that I'd post my favourite lip colours to wear this winter! I generally wear darker colours as oppose to nude shades because they just tend to wash me out to be honest, so yeah if you like darker lip colours, then hopefully this post will be very useful!

So here they are! This winter I've been loving dark shades (red especially), and I find that these colours go with most outfits too!




Ok so the lipsticks from left to right are:

Avon Luxe Lipstick in Polished Rose
The Body Shop Colour Crush Lipstick in 320 Berry In Love
MUA Luxe London Velvet Lipgloss in Funk
Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 500 Diva Red
Avon Colour Style Lipstick in Russett Dream
Avon Irresistibly Sexy Sultry Lip Pencil in Red Vixen

So as you can see, none of them are really light shades, so if you don't like bolder lips, the these probably aren't for you. The first one is the Avon Luxe Lipstick in Polished Rose which is a dark, rose-pin shade. I really love the packaging for the Avon Luxe range because it looks really elegant and expensive. The formula of the lipstick is really nice and cream and the lipstick is very opaque so you can easily apply a good layer of lipstick. 

Next is the Body Shop Colour Crush Lipstick in Berry in Love. This is a darker, berry-pink colour whic is much more transparent because it's one of those lip balm lipsticks. It is still very much a lipstick, but has that softer, moisturising quality which usually lends itself to balms. But I really love this colour when my lips are not at their best, and I don't want a bright lip colour.

Then we have one of my favourite recent products; the MUA Luxe London Velvet Lipgloss. Now this stuff is pretty cool! It is basically thick, highly pigmented lip-gloss, that goes extremely matte and 'velvety' when it dries. It's quite strange to begin with because it does feel like furry, but it is just completely dry and matte, which I think is quite different. I have the shade Funk which is a very deep pink, and I really want to pick up the dark red shade they do, but at the minute they don't sell it in my nearest Superdrug. But I really love this product, and it lasts absolutely forever, even when eating and drinking, it has really good staying power. I think the only time I've had to reapply it slightly was when I drunk a hot chocolate!

Next is the Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 500 Diva Red, and all of the colours in this range make a perfect winter lipstick because of the high moisture quality. I have a really bright, slightly dark red, which looks so beautiful with a gold eye shadow look. These lipsticks are also a little balmy, but not as much as the Body Shop ones, but these are much more pigmented and opaque, which I think is a really good combo!

Then we have the Avon Colour Style Lipstick in Russett Dream, and I have posted about these before in my Avon Brochure 10 Haul (http://hobbsessed.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/avon-haul-brochure-10.html) and my Avon Favourites Post (http://hobbsessed.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/avon-favourites.html). I really love these mini lipsticks, and because of the small size, they are perfect to keep in your pocket or bag, and this is the lipstick that I take to school most often. This shade is a dark red with a faint gold glitter, but that is not very visible unless you're like right up close to someone's face. It is not completely opaque, and has a sheer finish, but is really nice for a bold lip that is easy to pull off. 

Lastly is the Avon Irresistilbly Sexy Sultry Lip Pencil in Red Vixen, which I have also recently talked about in my Recent Avon Purchases Post (http://hobbsessed.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/recent-avon-purchases-review.html) so I won't talk too much, but basically its a really creamy lip pencil in a reddish-brown, very dark shade that is perfect for a smokey eye or dramatic look. Because it is in pncil form, it's very easy to apply and lasts really well too.

So these are my absolute favourite winter lipsticks and glosses; hope you enjoyed! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment