Tuesday 14 January 2014

Nails Review || Avon & e.l.f

Hey guys! 

So I've recently been wearing this nail combo quite a lot, and thought I'd show you!
The two nail varnishes are the Avon Nailwear Pro+ in the shade Tweed, and the e.l.f Matte Finisher Nail Polish.



The top picture is the Avon nail varnish on its own. This shade in the book is a deep red-burgundy colour, but in real life is much darker. It's a very deep red with purple under-tones, and the more layers you apply, the darker and more brown it gets. In this photo I think I had maybe three layers on, so it is quite dark, but seeing as its winter, I think it looks really nice. On its own, the Avon nail varnish has good staying power and lasts at least 3 days without chipping (which is a lot for me), and I think that it's just such a nice wintry shade. 

In the second picture I have the Avon nail varnish with the matte top coat on top. I absolutely love this nail varnish since getting it in my recent e.l.f haul (http://hobbsessed.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/elf-january-sale-haul-first-impressions.html) and have been using it when I get bored of the Barry M Matte Nail Varnishes in the colours I have. It basically is just a clear top coat which, when it dries, goes matte, and it makes and colour underneath it go from shiny to matte. I have found that with this on top, my nails tend to chip a little bit more than without it, but to be honest I think that it's worth it for the matte finish, because apart from OPI, I haven't seen another matte top coat. 

Together, I really love this combo as it makes a really nice winter colour, and I'm really into my reds and burgundy's this year. What I also love is that you can have it with the top coat or not, instantly creating two looks for every nail polish you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment