Wednesday 29 January 2014

Review || Maybelline The Colossal Mascara

Hey Guys!

So I've recently been trying out new waterproof mascaras because I find that regular mascaras tend to rub onto my upper eyelid, and so I tried the Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express in Black Waterproof




First of all, I really like the bright yellow packaging, and the pointed shape of the tube - just something different. It has a really nice, thick wand, great for getting lots of volume! 
The formula is really nice and applies well without clumping, and still looks good with two coats - I sometimes find that certain mascaras are too clumpy with two coats. It makes my lashes really long, but I have to say that I wasn't overly impressed with the waterproof claim. 
After wearing this all day, I have found that it rubs slightly, admittedly not as much as regular mascara, but still rubs none the less. I don't know if it is just me, or whether this formula just isn't fully waterproof, but I don't think I will repurchase it when looking for a waterproof mascara. However, despite all of that, it is still a really good volumising mascara, and I would definitely repurchase it to use as a base mascara. 
I wouldn't call this a 'barely-there' mascara, because it is definitely very dark and noticeable, so if you're looking for a more natural mascara, probably don't buy this one, but it is great for big dramatic lashes, and great for long days/nights out. 
Another good thing is that it's not really difficult to remove. Waterproof mascaras tend to have a reputation to be a nightmare to take off at the end of the day, but I find this is relatively easy to take off.
Overall, I do really like this product, but I wouldn't call it my favourite waterproof mascara, however it is generally a great mascara, definitely worth checking out :)


No comments:

Post a Comment