Monday 3 February 2014

January Favourites 2014!

Hey Guys!

So it's been a long time since I've done a favourites post, so these are a few things over January and the Christmas period.



As you can see there are four beauty products, one music-related item, and my cat sleeping! So lets begin!

First is my MAC Eye shadow in the shade Jest which is a Frost shade.


I have already put this in my Christmas Presents Post, and it had to make an appearance here, because I've basically been wearing it everyday since! It is a really pretty light pink/taupe shimmery shade, perfect for all over the lid. I use it with a neutral brown or matte brown through the crease, and it just makes a really nice look for everyday, or even night time if you were to add a more dramatic, smokey eye. Obviously it is from an extremely good brand, and therefore lasts really well and applies really smoothly, and overall I just really love this product, and will definitely be buying more mac eye shadows!

Next is my Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner 24HR and I just have the shade 01 Black.



This is a really good quality gel eyeliner, and as you can see from the photo, I use it most days. I wouldn't necessarily agree that it lasts for 24 hours, but it definitely has some staying power. I have eyelids that rub onto the top of my lids, so I usually expect some rubbing throughout the day, but I just find that this is the best product I've tried so far. It's so easy to apply, and I use a thin angled brush to prevent getting really thick lines (even though some mornings I literally can't concentrate), but it gives a really intense black line and is just generally a really good quality product.

Next is a brush that I've been loving which is the No.7 Eye Shadow & Contour Brush.



I guess that this brush us a dupe for the MAC 217 Blending brush because it's a very similar medium-sized, fluffy brush. It's perfect for blending into the crease and generally blending out eye shadow, and I've just really liked using it because it is also really soft, and so doesn't take much effort to create a seamless look. So yeah huge thumbs up for this product!

Next is a product which was also in my Christmas Presents post, and that is the Body Shop Born Lippy Pomegranate Lip Balm.


This is by far my favourite flavour lip balm from The Body Shop, and the reason I tend to use these is because they actually work! Some lip balms or salves that I get don't moisturise my lips at all, and can even make them drier, and I just find that these lip balms are really nourishing and smoothing. I apply a layer at night before I go to bed, and I can still feel it working when I wake up in the morning. So yeah, if you're looking for a really decent lip balm definitely get this one, and there is loads of different flavours to chose from, so there is definitely one for everyone!

Lastly isn't beauty related, but I thought that I'd have to put it in because I've literally had it on repeat since Christmas Day. It's James Arthur (CD) by James Arthur.


Obviously he has made this album as a result of winner the X-Factor last year, and I just really love his music. The songs that I have been loving in particular are 'Suicide' and 'Roses'. All of the songs generally under the title of 'Pop music', but I would say that some of the songs don't fit into that since they are really unique, and I find that I can listen to it all of the time; when I'm getting ready, when I'm on the bus and when I'm working. So yeah been loving this CD, and is definitely a great CD to actually own on hard copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment