Wednesday 5 February 2014

Review || Maybelline Big Eyes Volum' Express Mascara

Hey Guys!

So as you may have previously read in my Maybelline Colossal Mascara Review I'm currently on the hunt for a really good waterproof mascara, and at the minute, this one has caught my attention. I saw the advert on the TV for the Mabelline Big Eyes Volum' Express Mascara and thought I would give it a try!




It is a dual ended mascara; one end for upper, and one for lower lashes. The wand for the upper lashes is really unique, as it is a DNA double helix type job. Basically, instead of having just an average straight wand with gradually decreasing in size bristles, it sort of twists round. I really like this shape as it still gives a nice even coverage, without getting too much mascara on the inner lashes. The other end for the lower lashes is just a really small, thin wand with relatively small bristles. This allows you to coat your bottom lashes without it going all under your eye. In  my opinion this is a great combination from a mascara, and more should have smaller wands for the shorter lashes. 
The formula of this mascara is really good, not too clumpy, but is thick enough to give lots of length and volume. On the waterproof side, it is definitely smudge proof for a good proportion of the day. I've only noticed it starting to smudge towards the end of the day, but overall it does last really long. Another good feature is that it isn't an absolute nightmare to remove. It does take a bit of extra rubbing, but isn't uncomfortable to take off. Compared to the previous Maybelline mascara I reviewed, it is definitely an improvement, and I have been using it everyday. I use it as a sort of second coat for my top lashes. I use my trusty Avon Supershock Mascara as the first coat to separate my lashes, and then this one to thicken and lengthen them. I really like the look this gives, and would definitely recommend this mascara.
Overall this is a really decent mascara, but the most exciting thing about it has to be the two wands, because I just think it's such a good idea! 

No comments:

Post a Comment