Wednesday 12 March 2014

Review & Swatches || New MAC Products #1

Hey Guys!

So as you may have seen in my most recent beauty haul post, I treated myself to two new MAC products, and I thought that I'd review them today!

So first is the MAC Creemsheen Lipstick in the colour On Hold.




So I went into the MAC store knowing that I wanted a wearable red lipstick, and the woman recommended a few, but I swayed towards On Hold because it's a Creemsheen formula which means it's really hydrating and moisturising on the lips. On Hold is a slight off red colour, with pink/blue undertones, and a fine gold shimmer through it. Alone on the lips (well on me personally) it applies with a more pinky finish, but with red lip-liner, it is very red. It's quite a bright red, so will be great for spring and summer, and because of the variation in actual colour, it can go with loads of outfits. It has gold shimmer which gives it a slightly coral appearance, but that really compliments warm skin tones, and looks so nice and shiny. The lipstick lasts really well, and isn't drying at all, so overall I'm slightly in love with this lipstick!

Next is the MAC Eye Shadow in the beautiful shade Expensive Pink which is a Veluxe Pearl formula.




So as you can see this is a very glamorous pinky-coral shade with gold glitter running through, and I got this shade because I thought it would be perfect for glam spring/summer looks, since the gold and coral tones will look amazing on tanned skin. The actual shadow is not totally opaque, but you can easily build up the colour. I really like the formula as well since it's so soft and easy to apply. I think it's a great shadow to work with, because you can simply wear it on its own or you can use it as the base to a super-glam smokey eye!

Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment