Wednesday 19 March 2014

Review & Swatches || New Mac Products #2

Hey guys!

So some really exciting news for you! My dad went out to Spain last week and brought me back a few surprise gifts from the MAC Duty Free Counter at the airport, so I'm super excited to show you my new products!




From left to right; Springsheen, Well Dressed, Satin Taupe and Woodwinked.
I'm very lucky because my dad brought me back two blushes and two eye shadows, and I quite honestly was beyond excited when he gave them to me! I've already got some of the MAC eye shadows, but I had never tried their powder blushes, and I got general shades that are very versatile, because I think the worst thing to do when you spend a bit more on a product, is initally get a really bright or out-there colour, because you'll wear it less often. If you get a colour that goes with lots of others, then you will wear it more often and get your moneys worth (?). I don't know if that's just me, but if I really like a brand, I'll probably go and buy more colours anyway!

So yeah first is the MAC Powder Blush in the shade Well Dressed, and the MAC Sheertone Shimmer Blush in the shade Springsheen.




First I'll talk about Springsheen which is one of the Sheertone Shimmer Blushes, so it has a shinier finish to it than the normal ones. Springsheen is a coral pink/red shade with a fine gold shimmer. It is really pigmented and adds such a gorgeous healthy, bronzed look to the cheeks. I think it will go so well with Expensive Pink eye shadow, because it has a similar type of shimmer through it. But overall this blush is so nice; it will look great with lots of different eye looks, and especially good with nude or pink lipsticks, and I think it will be perfect for summer. 
Then we have the powder blush in Well Dressed. I've heard Tanya Burr rave about this blush before, saying that it doesn't get enough credit, and I do agree. Well Dressed is a gorgeous pastel pink shade with an absolutely tiny iridescent shimmer, but you can hardly see it once you've applied it. It's a great natural blush, because it is a natural pink shade that isn't too pale, but it's lovely and subtle on the cheeks, just making them look healthy and flushed. I love this blush already as it goes with practically any makeup look, and I'd definitely recommend this as a first time MAC Blush, as it's worked so well for me. 

Next is the MAC Eyeshadow in the shades Woodwinked which is a Veluxe Pearl formula, and Satin Taupe which is a Frost formula. 



I absolutely love MAC Eye shadows, and I think that the Veluxe Pearl formula is my favourite, so I obviously had to get Woodwinked. It is the most beautiful dark gold shade that's so luxurious and glam. It's highly shimmery, but just makes such a great eye look, it's really pigmented and creamy, and lasts really well. I can't wait to wear it as a bold evening look with a red lip, or as a daytime summer eye look. I think this eye shadow is possibly one of my favourites really, I can't fault it. 
Next is the shade Satin Taupe, and I got this because one of my friends has it, and it's just such a good 'noticeable' day time eye shadow. It is a dark cool-tones brown shade with a light shimmer, but the best thing about this shade I think is that just blended out with a matte brown in the crease makes such a good, quick eye look. It also is gorgeous as the base of a smokey eye, and I think that I'll get a lot of use out of this. 

So yeah, I hope you enjoyed reading and let me know in the comments if you've tried any of these products before and what you think of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment