Sunday 9 March 2014

What's In My Makeup Bag || Daily Essentials

Hey Guys!

So I thought I'd do a slightly different post today instead of just reviewing a makeup product, so I thought I'd share the contents of my beauty bag. This is the bag that I take with me everyday, and I don't take all of my daily makeup out with me, just the things that I may need to top up throughout the day.


So these are the contents of my makeup bag, and some of the products I have already talked about. So first is the actual bag. 


It is just one of the quite large cosmetic bags from River Island, and this one is just a black leather design with the initials RI printed all over it with gold detailing. I love this bag because it is so big and roomy but also the ends around the zip aren't like stitched down (?). Like when you get those bags that don't open fully because the ends are sewn down. Yeah but anyway love this bag, and I've had it for ages now and it's still going strong. 

So the first makeup product is the most recent addition to my daily routine, and that's the Avon Colour Corrector Palette.


I've already spoken a bit about this in my recent Avon's Arrived Post, and I've really been loving this product as it's great to quickly apply to completely change the look of your makeup. I use the yellow toned concealer to cover any redness or blemishes, and the pale pink concealer under my eyes to counteract the dark circles. Obviously this isn't the greatest product to reapply on its own during the day, but as long as you put the nude coloured concealer over the top, it instantly looks flawless again. 

Next is the Maybelline Big Eyes Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara in the shade Black.


I've reviewed this product here, so I won't ramble for too long, but basically this is a dual ended mascara with one end for top, and one end for bottom lashes. The formula is really good, and I usually apply it as the second coat of mascara. I would really recommend this mascara to anyone who is looking for a full lash look, because it is so volumising and long lasting. 

Next is the Avon Mini Brush Kit.



It is basically a mini pouch with four small brushes in; a fluffy brush for topping up setting powder, a smaller less fluffy brush for eyeshadow, and angled brush for maybe eyeliner, and a thin lip brush. These are just the perfect size to put in your handbag or whatever, and it just saves the space of taking loads of full sized brushes. 

Next is my Collection Extreme Liquid Liner Pen in the black shade.  


I use this everyday to apply a flick of eyeliner, and because of the felt tip applicator, it's super easy to get a small or thick line. It doesn't have great lasting power on it's own, so I usually wear a bit of gel eyeliner on the top, but for topping up throughout the day this is perfect. 

Next are two non-surprise products that I think everyone and anyone on the bloggersphere talks about, and that's the Rimmel Wake Me Up Stay Matte Powder and the matching Wake Me Up Concealer.



These are like my saviour products, so if I don't take this whole makeup bag out with me, I'll just take these two. The Stay Matte Powder is great, and so easy to top up to get rid of any shine, and the concealer is just the same. These two product alone are probably the things I would take if I were to be marooned on a desert island. 

Next is another obvious one and that's the Avon SuperShock Mascara


As I've said before, this is such a good daily mascara, not too dramatic, but thick enough to only need a few coats. The wand is also so easy to use and doesn't make your lashes go all clumpy like some of the huge, volumising ones can do. Yeah, this is probably my most used product from Avon, and I''m always repurchasing it. 

Next is another product that I've reviewed before (here) and it's the Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara.


I love this mascara for that extra bit of volume and thickness, and I'm always reaching for this to top up during the day. This one is also waterproof, so I always apply a tiny amount as the last thing on my lashes just to stop any mascara from transferring onto my eyelids. The wand is quite large, so you have to watch how carefully you apply it, but this is such a good mascara especially for lots of volume. 

Next is one of the products that I literally could not live without, and that's the Tropic Skincare Brow Kit in the shade Bistre.


I've talked about this post before, and it is one of my more poplar posts since it is a representative based company, a bit like Avon, so you have to order the product through a representative. I mainly use the dark brow powder to brush through my brows, but there is also a shimmery highlight to use under your brow. I use this everyday for my brows no matter what, and I can't recommend this product enough. 


So that is the contents of my everyday makeup bag, and I hoped you enjoyed reading it!

No comments:

Post a Comment